I’ve been asked this question a lot — how do I maintain a high quality of life? It’s an important subject because when you have a high quality of life, everything else in your life is easier. You feel happier, more energized and full of passion for the things that matter to you.
Tip #1: Get Rid of Negative People
The first tip to maintaining a high quality of life is to get rid of negative people. One of the most important things you can do for yourself is surround yourself with positive individuals who are supportive and encouraging. Positive people will help motivate you, keep you focused and give you encouragement when times get tough.
Negative people are a drag on your energy and they make it much more difficult for you to be happy because their words carry so much weight in your mind, even if they don’t mean them maliciously or intentionally. Negative people can also make you feel like there’s something wrong with you because their words reflect their own negativity rather than any real understanding of who or what they’re talking about. When someone is negative all the time, it becomes difficult not to take on some of their characteristics as well; this often leads us down an endless rabbit hole where others constantly treat us poorly when we aren’t feeling good about ourselves either because everyone else seems so unhappy!
The easiest way I’ve found around this dilemma has been by removing myself from environments where negativity thrives (work) or surrounding myself with only positive influences (friends). If this seems like too big step at first then try starting small by making one bad habit into two good ones: instead of sitting down after work by yourself every night watching Netflix maybe try going out with some friends instead? Or maybe instead of eating junk food while watching TV maybe snack on healthier foods while socializing?
Tip #2: Make Time Every Day to Do Something for Yourself
Life is short. If you don’t make time every day to do something that brings you joy, you’re going to regret it when your days are numbered.
Now I’m not saying that it’s selfish to spend time doing things that help others or contribute positively in the world—not at all. But if we don’t take care of ourselves first, we won’t be able to give our best energy (or anything else) away. The key is balance: be selfless, but remember that you have needs too!
Here are some ideas for activities that could be considered “selfish”:
- Play video games for an hour after work (I know this sounds silly, but I’m serious). You’d be amazed how much more productive and motivated you’ll feel when you work from home and can play as much Candy Crush as possible without anyone judging your choices or taking away from their own productivity time by asking questions about why *this*. Or maybe instead of video games…go watch TV! No one can tell us what’s good or bad anymore because we have Netflix streaming recommendations now (somehow those exist) so just pick something fun and enjoy yourself!
Tip #3: Treat Yourself to Nice Things
We are all guilty of wanting to buy something we don’t need, or something that will make us feel good. A new pair of jeans, a fancy coffee drink or even a new book can all be great examples of treats that bring extra happiness into our lives. These expenses should be things you can afford and not sacrifice your savings on. It is important to remember that this money is going towards something that will make you happy and not just something that seems like it would be nice at the time.
If you take the time to take care of yourself, your quality of life will soar.
- If you take the time to take care of yourself, your quality of life will soar.
- Get rid of negative people that are dragging you down.
- Set aside a little time every day for something that makes you happy and makes your soul feel good. This could be anything from taking a long shower to reading a book or going for a walk in nature. Take time out for yourself—make it non-negotiable! Make sure this is set as an appointment on your calendar so that there are no excuses not to do it!
- Treat yourself to nice things like expensive dinners out or even buying new clothes for yourself once in awhile—you deserve it!
In conclusion, maintaining a high quality of life requires some effort and self-care. By getting rid of negative people, making time every day to do something for yourself, and treating yourself to nice things, you can improve your overall well-being and happiness. Remember, life is short and it’s important to take care of yourself so that you can be the best version of yourself and live a fulfilling life. Don’t be afraid to put yourself first and prioritize your own happiness. Trust me, it will pay off in the long run.